Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

You Deserve to Be Inspired

“I am participating in the Writing Contest: You Deserve to be Inspired. Hosted by Positive Writer.”

I can proudly say that I have the most amazing family ever. Two loving parents who are head over heels in love with each other and a younger sister who always gets on my nerves. 
My life turned upside down on December 2012. On Christmas Eve I bid my farewell to my hero. 
My dad had never been sick or never been to the hospital. Yet, he had acute pancreatitis. For years he had had this infection and it was too late to do anything about it. 
My dad passed away on 23rd of December. I saw the entire world crashing right before my eyes when later that evening mum gave us that terrible, heartbreaking news to my sister and I. 
What were we supposed to do? What ought a housewife do for her daughters respectively 18 and 14 years old?
We couldn't and we still can't be fully happy. On birthdays or different celebrations our hearts miss a piece. A really important piece.
It's like a puzzle, you know? When you have everything except one piece and the picture is not the same. So, this is why the puzzle is never completed. 
Days went on and on. It has been 4 years and 102 days without him. More days, weeks, months and years are to come and he will never come back. 
I always say that the things I miss the most from him are his laughter, his soft hand, his advice and his goodnight-kiss. His memories are precious to me. 

What are the three main lessons I learned from this?
  1. Life is too short. You will never know when it's time to say "Goodbye" to someone you love. 
  2. You have to be strong to stand up when you fall. Fight for your dreams and keep the promises you make to yourself. 
  3. Enjoy the little moments in life. Enjoy every bit of life, actually! We only have one life, so we should make the best out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment